Friday 20 January 2023

The Endings

So, yesterday 25th March 2020, after over a month of not speaking to each other and after over 3 weeks of him taking off his wedding ring he decided he wanted to "talk" reason being that, "let it be known that he tried to sort things out". Smh.

He asked to know what my plans are concerning this marriage and the way things are going.
I told him I had no plans.
He went on to say that what I said the last time(that he raped me) was an abomination where he comes from. That it was unheard of. It doesn't happen anywhere in the world that a man rapes his wife.
That for me to have said that, means that "I am one of them"
I enquired to know what "being one of them meant" and he said I am "one of those people out there that will use that against him in court when seeking for a divorce".

It hurt me to hear him even so much as voice how low he thinks of me.
But again, I recalled how just few days before he was talking to his relative in Russia, who was telling him about his "wife's" (I put that on quote because he needs the woman to give him a residency, I don't know if it is a contract marriage or he is just using her) attitude towards him. And my husband right in front of me and his daughter cautioned him not to even think about trying to go for a black woman. That our hearts are as dark as our skin that we are very very wicked.
He went on to say how he has made a lot of mistakes in his life, that the boy should remember that the reason his first marriage to the white woman failed was because she said 3 children was enough for her and she wasn't going to try for another. And his family took offence and said it was impossible for him not to have a son, that if she doesn't want to have any more children, then she should go. And go she went.( now I never heard this part of the story before , not like he has ever come out to tell me what went wrong anyway, all he said was she came back to Europe withdrew all his money and filed for divorce).

He complained so much about how bad the black woman is to the extent that the guy on the phone had to "jokingly" ask him (in Igbo) hope all is well in his house, this one he is talking like this. He quickly tried to cover it up by saying it was due to what someone said (one of the pro Biafran person in the USA).
The way I was embarrassed ehn, I cant even put it to writing, Imagine the belittling.

I digress... back to main gist
He talked about how I once told him that I tried for a year with my ex and couldn't conceive, (the lie about this ex never stops, relation that lasted only 3 months, but i believed we were so in love that we spoke about our future, and that is what he keeps twisting and bringing up in every argument.)
 how I also once told him that if he annoys me that I will make him regret (Abeg, if someone annoys you, how are you supposed to react? do you become a comedian and make their life more pleasant? or you express your anger?). That it is also possible that I have been secretly taking contraceptives so as not to have a child. 

I told him that I have never had the leisure of having extra or even any cash on me in this marriage? So where will I have gotten money to buy contraceptives?  Secondly that you need a doctor's prescription to buy one of those, of which he negated.  I told him, I don't know of the law here, but in Estonia you must.
My tired is Tired!, I must have obviously been a slaver or a commander in Hitler's army in my past life to deserve this life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment