Monday 4 January 2016

Germany!!!

So i have been having it in mind to go Germany since last summer, first it was supposed to be for a dearest friends wedding (which was to be held in August), but out of my own laxity and the stupid order of the Abuja international Airport Nigeria, i missed my flight , needless to say she still holds it against me till date. (but she loves me too much to not forgive me..winks).

Any-who, i started planning another trip in September with another crazy friend of mine, (tall like an Agric fowl, you know, those ones they raise and feed with artificial foods in the barn, loool), stunning beauty, but does not seem to fully know of it, (i love her to the moon and back) OK, i drift....
this trip took months to plan, there were hiccups all the time, inconsistencies from where to fly from, dates, plans for the trip, duration of the trip, flight cancellation,(actually more like, Airline going bankrupt)etc etc.at this point, i should add that i was exhausted, financially, enthusiastically and otherwise.

You know there was a point when i wanted to cancel this trip, i mean i thought hard about it, like whats the point? i would see this crazy girl some other time, i don't need to go to her home with her and be with her family, (that wouldn't be fun), fun is usually outta the reach of family, (at least from my point of view),i thought about so many negative and flimsy things to make me abandon this trip, i even wrote the airline and asked how much i could get if i cancelled my flights, my friends staying back in Estonia were blackmailing me and making me feel bad for leaving them behind, i was told i wouldn't eat good, because )you know white people don't eat chili) then i thought of going with a little chili, but i thought about it, i would look stupid putting chilling in every meal and that would make me the biggest weirdo of 2015.

so i made the trip EVENTUALLY, 
Now it wasn't an easy trip, (as a cheap student, we take cheap flights and even break the journey how ever possible) so i took the 4 hr bus ride to Riga,Latvia and boarded the plane to Berlin, i had just a few minutes(or so i thought) to highlight the plane and catch the last bus to Dresden, i didn't put into consideration the time difference, hence i was going crazy in the plane when first it was delayed for 30 minutes, then it now decided that instead of an hour flight it would make it an hour 40 minutes, and then, i  was practically acting like i was on drugs and needed a quick fix, (lol) the guy next to me was anxious and had to ask what was wrong, all i could say was the pilot should land this fucking plane, i have a bus to catch else i would have to sleep at the airport, he laughed and said if that be the case, then he will find a way to help me seeing that i don't speak German,(that was a nice thing of him to do, but it didn't help re assure me.) the plane finally landed and it turned out i was on the wrong time zone and i had 40 minutes before my bus arrived.(wipes invisible sweat from face, while taking a deep breath.)

I caught the bus and the driver was speaking in German to me, i stood staring at him like he was talking to a blank space, (rude right? i know, but it has been a long day and this journey was going to be for another 3 hours or more, i was hungry AF, and don't forget cold and miserable, i just wanted to get in to the bus and sleep.) so someone interpreted that he wanted 1 Euro for my luggage ( which i think was extortion because i paid for the fare and i'm entitled to a luggage, but then it was just 1 Euro and everyone else has paid....yh, i know that shouldn't make it right, but i wouldn't change the German transport company rules on my first night...i think) and which station i would highlight, i just gave him the ticket hopefully he finds what ever answers he needed from there, (thank Goodness he did).

 I got in and it was an empty bus, so i was opportuned to choose a seat, i found 50 Cents on the last seat and i made a wish,(cos that what people do right? find a penny, make a wish bla bla bla...), after 3 hours we arrived Dresden, and then i saw a weirdo running with out stretched arms towards me, and suddenly everything was fine in the world again, there comes my crazy friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment