Friday 13 November 2015

Inner Glow

There has been this uncommon aura around you these days, what is the secret? asks Mr A.

So babe tell me, wetin dey happen? this transformation no be here o! ah ahn! asks Ms B

Na wa o! you just go naija go brush up , freshen up, add up, wetin dem give you chop for there? asks MS C and MR D. 

These days your pictures are unique..what has changed?..seriously tell me....i want to follow too... asks Ms E. 

The list goes on and on, different diction's, all referring to one thing 'Change', i can not myself the fathom this change they all speak about (in case you haven't figured it yet, they are all referring to me), so i went home over this summer, spent 2 months at home in Nigeria, just eating and sleeping and earnestly trying to gain a few pounds, 

this wasn't my initial plan, i wanted to go home and eat, visit friends and family, gather materials for my thesis, etc... but i got home and in the sight of everybody i looked skinny dreadful, my younger one actually said i looked like a model out of a magazine, my mum was convinced i was sick of some sort, i know my dad had same thoughts but in place of words, he just kept buying mt fatty foods/snacks every single day , my grand ma, said i looked 5 years younger than my real age, (but not in a good way, because that would scare my prospective husband away, he might just think i am way too young for marriage) it is of cause always about marriage for grand parents.

then what did i do? i ate and ate and ate even more, i had a constant diet of a mixture of Malt and milk every night at 11 pm, (oh! what advice i did not get in other to gain some pounds), i wouldn't go into that, so as not scare the sh*t outta you.
at the end of the summer break, i couldn't fit into any of the clothes i went back home with, suffice to say that i went back everything i had except the winter clothing and then when there was no space in my luggage again, i gave the rest out to a second hand store, i just just one pair of jeans that i wore for the remaining two weeks till i came back to Europe.

this was good, because instead of clothing occupying space in my box, it gave me room for foodstuff, (oh boy, did i bring everything i could lay my hand on, literally everything that could pass airport control).

i'm eating well, i'm happyish, yet people are asking about the change in me? some even attributed it to a boy and or sex (like i would  need either of those to make me glow? inner beauty bi*ch!)

*heavy breathing! good to get that off my chest! 
stay tuned!
more coming your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment