Saturday 6 June 2015

The Premier



I have missed so much in the last couple of years i have spent abroad, i cant even begin to count, you know, it is like that christian song 'count your blessings and name them one by seriously can you even begin to count? and if you want to, where would you start from? waking up every day, having peaceful sleeps, breath of life, the numerous unseen blessings, the seen ones that we just think are norms?

Ok, so i didnt start this post to be religious, i am just in between happy excited and sad at the same time, the thing is one of my close high school friends is getting married today, and everyone of my friends is going to be there, except me,(sad right?) it is going to be like a re union for them without me, (the one with the quick wits and sharp mouth, as they call me) i secretly wish it will be so boring that they will miss me so much, but who am i kidding? they are going to have the best time of there lives,.the ttheme for the wedding was the premier, (they had posters like it a movie going to be released on the 6/6/15)so cute.

Good thing tho! some of them called me this morning via Skype and i saw a few people, they all looked so pretty and happy and a combination of everything perfect, and guess what, i hadnt had a shower, (just so you know it was 3:40pm my time) yes i stayed up all night chatting with Ilja (will talk about him some other time, if i feel like it.....and yes Ilja is a He)lol.... so before i digress, i was looking disheveled, i had on hand self made braids and very little clothing( you know how you dress when you are home alone on a Saturday morning and not expecting any visitor). i know you are asking why i picked the call, well, we have limited network coverage in Nigeria, so if you receive a Skype call, you dont put the person off to go dress up, you just pick and hear what they have to say, the next question, why did i turn on the video? i had to see my girls, besides i grew up in the same room with these girls for 6 years in high school, they have seen all there is to be seen. lool.

So after the call, i rush to take a shower and dress up real nice (not too much to impress, but enough to look good and represent that i live abroad especially to the ones that i have lost contact with in the last 11years(OMG it has been so long since i left high school), i even had a photo shoot session, by myself, for myself, with myself, and made a nice dish (more like warm up what i bought from the supermarket) had a nice meal made a toast by self to the bride and groom, and then sat waiting for the Skype call to view the event.

PS; I am in no way sad, and lonely, i just miss home, and my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you could catch up with old friends. Being away from friends and family can be tough, something the sour cream, potatoes and pork can't replace :)

    ReplyDelete