Saturday 2 August 2014

Things will never be the same again!

You know how we all dream of leaving home and traveling abroad.....any where at all, as long as we are no longer within the borders of our country, let it just be recorded in that big' imaginary' book of record that yes! me too i have gone abroad, and yes i saw all the the 'oyibo' people and did all the 'oyibo' people things too....mtcheew kai...chai.......  i swear no place like home at the end of  all the wishes and waka and travel o!

This country has shown me pepper!  No don't get me wrong o! it is very nice, organized, they have the structures(in the capital city), basic amenities and all the bla bla bla that an 'oyibo' country is expected to have,.
There is a joke back at home that there is no country in the world without a Nigerian( a Yoruba man-learning, and an Igbo man- doing business) if by chance you get to a country and find no Igbo man you should leave, because that place is inhabitable....it was meant to be a joke till i got here, and then realized that was actually a parable not a joke! God, there is nothing here but education! i mean no 9ja food, no stores selling 9ja food stuffs, i looked at myself and knew that i was going to die in this weird country....i asked myself for the millionth time how did i get here? i was told to take pepper atleast o!, I was like, no point it would be there, even if it would be expensive, i will manage my money but i will see it to buy....my mum would say (ntoooor if she read this), if i cant even get pepper to make stew that means asking for Garri and red oil and Plantain or Yam is like asking for AC in hell!
 I know this is not the UK, but for the love of God , i'm not asking for much nah..... just pepper to cook stew so i can drown in rice and spaghetti!
They don't have all this things o! and yet they wont let a foreigner do business here! how in God's name will i read and understand and pass when hunger wants to murder me?  I cant live on potatoes and salad with 'soup'..( i didn't tell you? they have potatoes in abundance) they mash it, fry, boil, there is hardly any food that there is no potatoes inside.....do i look like an infant to be eating mashed potatoes? did i suddenly loose my teeth at the Nigerian border? abi i forgot it under my pillow in 9ja? mtcheeeeeew!

No comments:

Post a Comment